Allard School of Law Alumni
The ultimate measure of a law school is its graduates. At the Allard School of Law, we've educated generations of outstanding leaders who have made their mark in a broad range of spheres, from the legal profession and the judiciary to business, government and academia. Our alumni are not only excelling in their professions, they're contributing to their communities, working in diverse ways to improve the world around them and create a more just and equitable society. The law school takes great pride in its many graduates.
- The Allard School of Law Alumni Association AGM will take place January 16 from 5:00 to 6:00pm at 1600 Cathedral Place, 925 West Georgia Street at the Lawson Lundell offices . All alumni interested in getting involved with the Board are encouraged to attend. For more information or to participate by phone, please contact Kinji Bourchier, President of the Board of Directors, at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or the Allard School of Law Alumni Relations Manager, Jennifer Regan, at email@example.com.
- Alumni UBC presents The Grape Debate on January 26 from 6:00 to 9:30pm at the Robert H. Lee Alumni Centre. Join a panel of winemakers and experts as they debate the merits of amphora, concrete, oak and stainless steel vessels, while guiding you through a tasting where you will have the opportunity to experience examples of all styles. Following the program, sip your way through some of the finest BC VQA wines at a wine tasting. For more information and to purchase tickets, click here.
- Nominate a fellow alumnus or alumna for an Alumni Achievement Award! Nominations close on January 27th. Help us recognize UBC alumni who are advancing their ambitions for a better world. Click here for category information and to submit a nomination!
- All alumni and supporters of the Centre for Feminist Legal Studies are invited to a special reunion on the occasion of the Centre's 20th anniversary. Join us in recognizing Susan Boyd, the inaugural Chair in Feminist Legal Studies, and Debra Parkes, the incoming chair. We will also be celebrating the students, alumni/ae, and faculty who contribute to feminist legal activities at the law school, in the profession, and the community. Information will be shared about the opportunity to support the ongoing work of the Centre. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 1st and include your affiliation to the Centre.
- Please join Allard School of Law Associate Dean Ljiljana Biukovic and alumna Lorna Strong (LLB' 98) for Brexit: Legal Impact and Future Strategies for Canadian Business, an in-depth conversation regarding the implications of Brexit for Canadian business and law firms, including those with a presence in the UK. Dr. Biukovic, an expert in international trade and European Union law, and London (UK) based Ms. Strong, lead counsel for HSBC Global Trade & Receivable Finance, will provide an overview of the current situation, examine short- and long-term challenges and solutions, and consider the impact on global trade and the economy. This event is co-hosted by the Allard School of Law Centre for Business Law and Alumni Relations. The event takes place on February 15 at the Four Seasons hotel, 900 West Georgia St, in the Chartwell Room . For event details and to register, click here.
- Click here to view photos from our recent alumni events!
- For more information about alumni activities, contact the Alumni Relations Manager, Jennifer Regan (email@example.com or 604-822-2584).