Applications for 2019-2020 ambassador positions will be accepted in January 2019.
WHAT IS AN ALLARD LAW AMBASSADOR?
Ambassadors assist prospective and admitted students of the Allard School of Law to gather the necessary information to make an informed decision about whether to apply to or accept an offer from the law school.
Ambassadors are a select group of law students with a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences who can provide thorough and candid impressions and information about the Allard School of Law to applicants and admitted students, and assist with the transition to law school. Ambassadors are friendly, approachable, respectful and informative, and represent UBC and the law school in a positive manner.
Ambassadors work with the Admissions Office and the Assistant Dean, Students, by conducting law school tours, answering questions from prospective and admitted students about UBC and the law school, speaking at recruitment events and providing student feedback to the Admissions Office. Ambassadors also offer tours to law school alumni at reunion events, and to distinguished visitors attending the important functions at the law school.
These volunteer positions require anywhere from 3-8 hours per month of time per student. Ambassadors selected for the 2018-2019 academic year will also be asked if they are willing to respond to emails from prospective or admitted students over the summer. Please note that summer availability, while desirable, is not a requirement for selection.
WHY SHOULD I BECOME AN AMBASSADOR?
- Build connections with incoming students and play a positive role in supporting their decision to come to law school
- Opportunity to share your perspectives about UBC and Allard and demonstrate the law school’s commitment to providing a supportive and welcoming environment to all incoming students
- Develop important interpersonal skills while gaining professional experience
- Interact with senior administration, faculty, staff and alumni as a trusted representative of the law school
- Gain valuable volunteer experience which can be noted on your legal resume
HOW DO I BECOME AN AMBASSADOR FOR THE 2019-2020 ACADEMIC YEAR?
Interested in becoming a Law Ambassador? Applications will be accepted starting in January 2019.
For 2018-2019, applications should be sent by email to Cherry Chiu, Student Services Program Assistant (email@example.com) and are due by 4pm on Tuesday, January 30, 2018. Please provide the following:
To apply, please provide the following:
- Resume (lease ensure you highlight all Allard Law and UBC involvement);and
- Statement in body of application email about why you are interested in being an Ambassador and what you would bring to the role.
Please note that academic performance plays no role in ambassador selection. We are interested in your personality and interpersonal skills.
Please also review the Ambassador information online prior to making an application.