The Career Services Office
The Career Services Office (CSO) at the Allard School of Law is dedicated to facilitating and supporting the training and professional development of the student body in respect of their individual career-related goals. The CSO assists approximately 600 J.D. students, 110 graduate students and law alumni by providing career coaching and support, training and resources, and a connection with the broader legal community.
The CSO guides students and alumni in the process of securing articling positions, clerkships, summer positions, part-time work during law school, and permanent employment. The office operates 12 months a year on a full-time basis.
The CSO's services include:
- one-on-one student and alumni counselling appointments
- career programming and seminars
- recruitment and networking events
- Symplicity, a comprehensive website which contains an online job board, over 100 handouts including the annual Legal Careers Guide and a calendar of events
- outreach to traditional and non-traditional employers and law societies in various jurisdictions