Recent Publications by CALS Faculty
Pitman B. Potter
- Pitman B. Potter, " Labour Relations and Trade Policy in China; Opportunities for Coordinated Compliance," invited chapter for Daniel Drache and Lesley Jacobs, ed., Grey Zones of International Economic Law: Global Governance and Policy Space (Vancouver: UBC Press, Forthcoming 2018)
- Pitman B. Potter, “Law and Art in China: Domination and Resistance” (2017) 58:1 Les Cahiers de droit.
- Pitman B. Potter, “China and the International Human Rights Regime: Orthodoxy, Resistance and Legitimacy” in Avery Goldstein and Jacques DeLisle, eds, China’s Global Engagement: Cooperation, Competition, and Influence in the 21st Century (Washington: Brookings, 2017) 291-324.
- Pitman B. Potter, “Coordinating human rights and trade policy in China: the case of environmental protection” in Potter and Ljiljana Biukovic, eds, Local Engagement with International Economic Law and Human Rights (London: Edward Elgar, May 2017).
- Pitman B. Potter and Ljiljana Biukovic, eds, Local Engagement with International Economic Law and Human Rights (London: Edward Elgar, May 2017).
- Shigenori Matsui et al., Hajimeteno houritsugaku [Introduction to Law], 5th ed (Tokyo: Yuhikaku 2017).
- Shigenori Matsui, “Does It Have to Be a Copyright Infringement?: Live Game Streaming and Copyright” (2016) 24 Texas Intellectual Property L J 215-44.
- Shigenori Matsui, Kanada no songenshi/anrakushiho ni tsuite [On Assisted Dying Law in Canada], (2016) 88:9 Horitsujiho 82-91.
- Shigenori Matsui, “Kanada kara mita France kenpo—Quebec shu toiu dokuji no shakai” [French Constitution from Canadian Perspective: Quebec as a Distinct Society] in Miyoko Tusjimura, ed, Seiji hendo to rikkenshugi no tenkai [Political Change and Development of Constitutionalism] (Tokyo: Shinzansha 2017) 183-213.
- Shigenori Matsui, “The Challenge to Multiculturalism: Hate Speech Ban in Japan” (2016) 49 UBC L Rev 427-84.
- Jie Cheng, “Executive-Led Government and Hong Kong’s Constitutional Development” in Guobin Zhu, ed, Hong Kong’s Political System Theory and Development (Hong Kong: Hong Kong City University Press, 2017).
- Jie Cheng, “Central Government and Hong Kong’s Constitutional Development: A Mid-Path Approach” in Guobin Zhu, ed, Hong Kong’s Political System Theory and Development (Hong Kong: Hong Kong City University Press, 2017).
- Jie Cheng, “Application of Balancing Test in Open Government Information Law” in Lingyun Yu, ed, Open Government Information Practice in China (Beijing: Tsinghua University Press, 2016) 161-174.
- Jie Cheng, “Qualification Restaint or Economic Control: An Institutional Framework for Abusive FOIA Application” (2017) 2 Tsinghua L J 126-138.
- Jie Cheng, “Part III Open Government Information Cases” in Beijing Municipal Government Legislative Affairs Office, ed, Beijing Municipal Administrative Reconsideration Cases Selection 2016 (Volume II) (2017) 1-111.
- Wei Cui and Zhiyuan Wang, “The Selection of Litigation against Government Agencies: Evidence from a Civil Law System”, online: (2017) Review of Law and Economics.
- Wei Cui, “Does Judicial Independence Matter? A Study of the Determinants of Litigation Patterns in an Authoritarian Regime” (2017) 38:3 U Pa J Int’l L 941-998.
- Wei Cui, “The Legal Maladies of ‘Federalism, Chinese-Style’” in Weitseng Chen, ed, The Beijing Consensus? How China Has Changed the Western Ideas of Law and Economic Development and Global Legal Practices (Cambridge University Press, 2017)
- Wei Cui, “An Academic Viewpoint on Some Fundamental Aspects of the BEPS Project” in Sam Sim and Mei June Soo, eds, Asian Voices: BEPS and Beyond (IBFD, 2017)
- Wei Cui et al, “Profit shifting determinants of multinationals: evidence from a developing country”, Singapore Management University School of Accountancy Working Papers 2017
- Wei Cui,《提升江苏税收征管效能的国际借鉴研究》(Comparative Research for Enhancing the Tax Administrative Capacity of Jiangsu) (with G. Wei), Jiangsu Tax Forum (《江苏税苑》) (2017)