Last updated: April 2, 2020 - 12:00 PM
This page will be updated as needed with Allard School of Law community updates.
Please refer to the COVID-19 and UBC’s response website for the latest UBC updates. You may also wish to review the latest UBC Broadcast email messages.
Allard faculty and staff are working remotely and can be contacted via email.
Student Updates & Quicklinks
- March 25, 2020 - JD Students - For all term 2 and full year courses, Allard Law has adopted the grading approach being applied by undergraduate Faculties at UBC. Juris Doctor students will, after seeing their grades, be able to elect to either keep their grade, or choose a Credit/D/Fail standing. The election will be made in May. We are working on a webpage with more info for students to consider when making this election.
- March 30, 2020 - Graduate Students - For all term 2 and full year courses, graduate students will, after seeing their grades, be able to elect to either keep their grade, or choose an Adjudicated Pass standing. This election will be made in May. We are working on a webpage with more info for students to consider when making this election.
- April 2, 2020 - Emergency Funding - If you are facing unexpected financial distress or have had a significant change to your financial situation, UBC has several options, including bursaries and short-term loans. Contact the Law’s team of Enrolment Services Advisors to schedule a confidential advising appointment. We will be able to assess your financial situation and provide the best course of action for your situation (your options will vary depending on whether you’re a Canadian student or an international student).
- April 2020 law student exam information - updated regularly
- April 2020 JD student grading options
- April 2020 Graduate student grading options
- Emergency Funding
- Allard School of Law student wellbeing information
- This Week at Allard Hall Newsletter archive
If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact our Student Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty and Staff Quicklinks
- Allard IT information and guides - remote access, VPN, drive access, remote teaching tools, Skype for Business, Canvas and more
- UBC IT Guide to Working off Campus
- UBC’s Keep Teaching website - resources for online teaching
Enhanced security measures on campus
In light of COVID-19, heightened security procedures and processes are in place to enhance the well-being and protect the safety of students, faculty, and staff on campus.
Please have your UBC ID on display or ready to show when accessing campus buildings.
For more information, visit the Campus Security website or phone 604-822-2222.
Allard Hall is closed
- March 30, 2020 - The University remains open only to support essential services. As directed by Ministerial orders, and with the need to comply with health directives, we have closed student access to Allard Hall.
- Urgent student access requests will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. There is no guarantee that all requests will be responded to in a timely fashion. Urgent requests only should be sent to: email@example.com.
- There is reduced janitorial services - if you are coming onsite, please ensure you are following all guidelines for good health and hygiene.
- Mail is not being sorted and couriers are not being accepted.
The Law Library is closed
UBC libraries (including the Law Library) will be closed until at least Monday, April 6, 2020. Librarian help is still available via email at firstname.lastname@example.org