DLA Piper Hall, Rm 104
Law firm interviews are often quite different from job interviews in other industries - they are generally conversational, and more about establishing rapport and assessing interest than testing substantive legal knowledge. Conversely, interviews with government employers are designed to objectively test substantive legal knowledge and measure interest and suitability for government work through behavioural questions.
At this highly popular panel, lawyers from the Vancouver and Toronto offices of large global and regional business law firms and the Department of Justice will go over tips for success and common pitfalls to avoid when interviewing at OCIs and beyond. Panelists include:
- Karine Russell – Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (Vancouver)
- Matthew Curtis – Dentons (Toronto)
- Maria Molloy - Department of Justice (Vancouver)
- David Turner – Edwards Kenny & Bray LLP (Vancouver)
- Kim Yee – Harper Grey LLP (Vancouver)
This session is highly recommended for students interviewing for 2L Summer 2019 positions, as well as students preparing for 2019/20 articling interviews.