Save the Date
Gala Dinner and Awards Evening
Thursday, April 30, 2020 at 5:30 pm
Fairmont Pacific Rim
On April 30, 2020 the Allard Law Alumni Association Achievement Awards will be handed out at a special gala dinner in honour of the law school's 75th Anniversary. The Allard School of Law has become one of the world's very best law schools which is a reflection of the quality of our legal education and research, and the strength and accomplishments of our graduates, faculty, students and staff. Join us in celebrating our many achievements over the past 75 years, and in dreaming big about the next 75 years to come.
Nominations Now Open!
The Allard Law Alumni Association Achievement Awards offer an opportunity for us to celebrate the accomplishments of just a few of the many remarkable members of our alumni community. The award winners are selected by the Allard Law Alumni Association Board of Directors. If you know a member of the alumni community who deserves to be recognized, please submit the completed nomination package no later than June 30, 2019. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the Allard School of Law Alumni Relations Manager, Lea D'Altroy (email@example.com or 604-822-9058). We look forward to hearing from you.
Lifetime Achievement Award
This award recognizes an extraordinary individual who has set a high standard for volunteerism, philanthropy and/or professional accomplishment, and has been an example for all who follow. The recipient must have received a degree from the Allard School of Law at UBC or be an honorary alumnus/alumna.
- The Rt. Honourable Kim Campbell (2018) (WATCH VIDEO)
- The Honourable C. Lynn Smith, QC (2016) (WATCH VIDEO)
- Dr. Constance Isherwood, QC (2016) (WATCH VIDEO)
- Thomas R. Berger, OC, QC (2014)
- The Honourable Lance Finch, LLD (2013)
- Marvin Storrow QC, LLD (2012)
- Morley Koffman, QC (2011)
- The Honourable Martin Taylor, QC (2009)
- The Honourable William Esson (2006)
- The Honourable Frank Iacobucci, CC, QC, LLD (2005)
Alumni Award of Distinction
The Alumni Award of Distinction recognizes the outstanding achievements of an Allard School of Law at UBC alumnus/alumna whose endeavours in the practice of law, government service, the judiciary, business, legal academe, community service or other areas have brought honour to the Faculty. The recipient need not have previously received public recognition for their endeavours, but must have made a significant contribution to his/her field.
- Grand Chief Edward John of the Tl'azt'en Nation (2018) (WATCH VIDEO)
- Mr. Ross Beaty (2016) (WATCH VIDEO)
- Michael J. O'Keefe, QC (2014)
- Anne M. Stewart, QC (2014)
- Bill Everett QC (2012)
- Anna Fung QC (2012)
- Megan Ellis QC (2012)
- William S. Berardino, QC (2011)
- Elizabeth M. Vogt, QC (2011)
- Trudi Brown, QC (2009)
- Richard Peck, QC (2009)
- Leonard T. Doust, QC (2008)
- Sue Paish, QC (2008)
- Warren T. Wilson, QC (2008)
- Anne Giardini, QC (2007)
- Jim Taylor, QC (2007)
- Justice Christopher Hinkson (2007)
- Ralston Alexander, QC (2006)
- Judge Thomas S. Woods (2006)
Alumni Award for Research
The Alumni Award for Research recognizes a fulltime faculty member of the Allard School of Law at UBC whose research achievements have advanced the Faculty’s reputation as a leading research institution. The recipient need not be an alumnus/alumna of the Faculty.
- Professor Benjamin Goold (2018) (WATCH VIDEO)
- Professor Bruce MacDougall (2016) (WATCH VIDEO)
- Professor David G. Duff (2014)
- Professor Joost Blom, QC (2012)
- Dr. Charles Bourne (2011)
- Professor and Dean Emeritus Bertie McClean, QC (2009)
- Dr. Catherine Dauvergne (2009)
- Professor Susan Boyd (2008)
- Dr. Pitman Potter (2008)
- Professor J.C. Smith (2007)
- Professor and Dean Emeritus Peter Burns, QC (2007)
- Dr. Janis Sarra (2007)
- Professor Christine Boyle (2006)
- Professor Michael Jackson, QC (2006)
Outstanding Young Alumnus/Alumna Award
This award recognizes an alumnus/alumna of the Allard School of Law at UBC under 40 years of age whose endeavours in the practice of law, government service, the judiciary, business, legal academe, community service or other areas are worthy of recognition and have brought honour to the Faculty.