*SUMMER 2019 PROGRAM INFORMATION* (Summer 2020 Program Information is Not Yet Available)
The Allard School of Law offers three clinics in the summer. Full information about the clinics, including how to apply, is available on the Clinics webpage. Clinics are only available to current JD students at the Allard School of Law. Students who are participating in summer clinical programs or LSLAP for credit are not permitted to take other summer session classes.
LAW 488.001 CLINICAL TERM: INDIGENOUS COMMUNITY LEGAL CLINIC (11 credits) - Mark Gervin & LAW 489.001 CLINICAL TERM: PAPER - INDIGENOUS COMMUNITY LEGAL CLINIC (4 credits) – Carly Teillet
- LAW 488.001 & LAW 489.001 Syllabus
- Lecture Class Days and Time: Thurs, 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.., Thurs, Location: Allard Hall, room 111
- Clinic Dates: May 6 – August 9
- Final Reflection Paper: Due at 1:00 p.m. on July 26.
LAW 379D.001 Externship: Women’s Legal Clinic (11 credits) & LAW 380C.001 Externship Reflection: Women’s Legal Clinic – seminar (4 credits) – Kim Hawkins, Vandana Sood, Rajwant Mangat
- LAW 379D.001 & LAW 380C.001 Syllabus
- Location: 201-456 West Broadway, Vancouver, BC
- Class Dates: May 6 – August 9
- Final Research Paper: Due 1:00 pm, July 26.
- Time Commitment:
Rise Women’s Legal Centre is open to the public from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday, and closed on statutory holidays. Students are generally expected to be at Rise Monday through Thursday between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm. Student are not required to be at Rise on Fridays; we strongly encourage students to use Fridays away from Rise to work on the graded written components of the Reflections course.
- The three-week orientation session is mandatory. It begins Monday, May 6, 2019 and runs Monday to Friday. After orientation, students will attend three-hour seminars generally scheduled to take place on Thursday afternoons. The seminars will be held at Rise. Other required activities may also be scheduled during the term.
LAW 491.001 Law Students Legal Advice Program (6 credits) – Chris Heslinga
- Dates: May 6 – August 9
- Restricted to a limited number of upper year students who (a) in their first or second year have participated in the provision of legal services to the public through the Law Students Legal Advice Program, and (b) continue that participation in their second or third year. Credit will be granted for only one of LAW 488, LAW 490, or LAW 491. Registration by permission only. Students may not self-register. Please contact instructor, Chris Heslinga, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.