The Allard School of Law offers three clinics in the summer. Full information about the clinics, including how to apply, is available on the Clinics webpage. Clinics are only available to current JD students at the Allard School of Law.
LAW 488.001 CLINICAL TERM: INDIGENOUS COMMUNITY LEGAL CLINIC (11 credits) - Patricia Barkaskas, Mark Gervin & LAW 489.001 CLINICAL TERM: PAPER - INDIGENOUS COMMUNITY LEGAL CLINIC (4 credits) – Patricia Barkaskas
- LAW 488.001 & LAW 489.001 Syllabus
- Lecture Class Days and Time: Thurs, 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.., Thurs, Location: Allard Hall, room 111
- Clinic Dates: May 7 – August 10
- Reflective Journaling: Due midnight, Sundays; Final Research Paper Short Proposal: Due by midnight June 7; Final Research Paper Long Proposal: Due midnight June 28: Final Reflection Paper: Due at 1:00 p.m. on July 27.
LAW 379D.001 Externship: Women’s Legal Clinic (11 credits) & LAW 380C.001 Externship Reflection: Women’s Legal Clinic – seminar (4 credits) – Kim Hawkins, Vandana Sood, Rajwant Mangat
- LAW 379D.001 & LAW 380C.001 Syllabus
- Location: 201-456 West Broadway, Vancouver, BC
- Class Dates: May 7 – August 10
- Journal Entries: Due 9:00 am, Mondays; Reflective Paper: Due 11:59 pm, Friday, July 20; Proposal: Due 11:59 pm, Friday, June 22; Final Research Memorandum: Due 1:00 pm, Friday, July 27.
- Time Commitment:
Rise Women’s Legal Centre is open to the public from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday, and closed on statutory holidays. Students are generally expected to be at Rise Monday through Thursday between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm. Student are not required to be at Rise on Fridays; we strongly encourage students to use Fridays away from Rise to work on the graded written components of the Reflections course.
- The three-week orientation session is mandatory. It begins Monday, May 7, 2018 and runs Monday to Friday. After orientation, students will attend three-hour seminars generally scheduled to take place on Thursday afternoons. The seminars will be held at Rise. Other required activities may also be scheduled during the term.
LAW 491.001 Law Students Legal Advice Program (6 credits) – Chris Heslinga
- Dates: May 7 – August 10
- Restricted to a limited number of upper year students who (a) in their first or second year have participated in the provision of legal services to the public through the Law Students Legal Advice Program, and (b) continue that participation in their second or third year. Credit will be granted for only one of LAW 488, LAW 490, or LAW 491. Registration by permission only. Students may not self-register. Please contact instructor, Chris Heslinga, at email@example.com for more information.
- Students registered in the summer LAW 491.001 (LSLAP) are not permitted to register in any other summer course except for LAW 372.001 Administrative Law (offered in the evening).