The Allard Law Class of 1962 will be celebrating its 55th reunion on Friday, October 20th, 2017. This remarkable group includes some of the most influential names in the legal profession and in the local community, and they are inviting current Allard law students to join them for lunch! The Class of ’62 is excited to share with you their stories and insights, and would like to hear from you about your interests and ambitions.
Lunch (kindly provided by the Class of ‘62) will take place at Sage Bistro from 12:30 – 1:30 pm on October 20th. You are encouraged to RSVP at your earliest convenience to email@example.com, as this event will be on a first come, first serve basis and there are limited number of seats.
Consider just a few of the accomplishments of the members of this class:
- David Anderson, PC, OC won a silver medal in rowing at the 1960 Rome Olympics, served as a prominent politician for many years, and eventually became a leader in environmental stewardship and conservation of natural habitat.
- The Honourable Lance Finch was Chief Justice of British Columbia and the Yukon Territory from 2001 until his retirement in 2013 and now serves as Associate Counsel at Guild Yule LLP.
- The Honourable Frank Iacobucci, CC, QC, LLD, LSM was appointed Chief Justice of the Federal Court of Canada and served the Supreme Court of Canada from 1991 to 2004 (and was appointed a Companion in the Order of Canada in July 2007).
- Marvin Storrow, QC, LLD, Partner Emeritus with Blakes, has appeared before the Supreme Court of Canada almost 40 times, and was lead counsel on three cases that have been ranked amongst the 15 most important events in Canadian judicial history
- Martin Taylor, QC served on the British Columbia Supreme Court for 11 years, followed by six years on the British Columbia Court of Appeal, and most recently served as the Ethics Commissioner for the 2010 Vancouver Olympic Games.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, you can email or call us at 604-827-3612. We look forward to sharing this important milestone with you!