Indigenous Classroom, Rm 123
Shaking is the natural way to release tension and return the body to its normal homeostasis. It is a primal impulse to a stressful situation. Animals naturally shake to release tension and dissipate stress after a life-threatening event. They simply shake it off and get back to living in the moment. Trauma therapist Peter Levine wrote in his book the ‘Waking the Tiger’, that animals don’t get PTSD. The reason being, once out of danger, they shiver and shake and release the trauma from their bodies. Unfortunately, humans have been socially conditioned to grin and bear it. This traps the stress in our bodies making us unable to recalibrate our nervous systems and negatively influences our physical and emotional health.
TRE® is a simple yet innovative series of exercises created by Dr. David Berceli, that safely activates a natural reflex mechanism of shaking or vibrating, which:
- releases muscular tension,
- calms down the nervous system,
- encourages the body to return back to a state of balance where all the systems are working in harmony,
- helps the body release deep patterns of stress, tension, and trauma,
- helps healing to occur on many different levels both physical and emotional:
- less worry & anxiety
- reduces symptoms of ptsd
- more energy & endurance
- improved relationships
- better sleep
- reduced muscle & back pain
- greater emotional resiliency
- decreases symptoms of vicarious trauma
Facilitated by Desmond Williams a certified TRE® Provider and Yoga teacher who specializes in stress management strategies. This workshop is experiential. You will learn the science behind the process to understand what you’re trying, as well as participate in the TRE series.
Spots for this workshop are limited. Please email Anna Kline, firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Each participant should bring a yoga mat or blanket to lie on.